Monday, July 13, 2009

Homeowners

Ta-da! Jenny and I are buying a house. We sporadically researched houses out of fanciful leisure, but the sudden knowledge of the $8,000 tax credit and our increasing disgruntlement with our apartment complex pushed us to consider homeownership more seriously.

Our first (baby) step: we contacted a realtor and happened to view the perfect home our first day out. An offer (not ours) was accepted that same day. Well, frak.

Then we got our shit together: laid out our finances, got pre-approved, yadda blah yadda. We found a second perfect house last week (one block away and a mirror image of the former perfect house). There's no room for a man-cave, but I can start homebrewing at a level beyond Mr. Beer.

Well be moving in August. Perhaps Labor Day weekend will mark a suitable time for a house-warming party (e.g. keg, pizza, some Wii, and perhaps Nazi zombies).

P.S. We watched Dod Sno last Saturday, and it's the best movie I've seen all year.

5 comments:

  1. When I first read "Our first (baby)..." I thought they're going to have a baby, but then I read the next word and thought, why would you step on your first baby?

    That's awesome! You should post some pictures/ address for google earth stalking. What are the specs? 6br mansion? Sleeps 42 for massive party time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! While I know many of my friends are getting houses, I still cannot fathom owning one of my own.... That feeling is probably related to the low grad school wages I receive....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first piece of advice my boss gave to me was don't buy a house, have a kid, and get pneumonia in the same year. I think Homan already has one of those covered. I have another. JJ, you could get pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on it! Taking one for the team, but I call not pneumonia for the next couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nazi zombies will haunt my dreams

    ReplyDelete